This is an equation I've made so that I am able to calculate how long something is going to batch render, so that I may take this variable into account in project management. Now this is only a single equation, so I'm pretty sure there are better ways of doing this and this has probably been done before, but I wanted to see if this could be applied in a realistic work scenario, and so far it looks like this thing works.
The Equation
R = (m/h) = 1f
(m x fs) = m(x fs) or (h=(m))
m\24 = d
= aoa
Equation setup:
r = Resolution
f = Frame
fs = Frames (As in multiple)
s = Seconds
s = Seconds
m = Minutes
h = Hours
d = Days
aoa = Amount of Animation
Resolution Test Render = (Amount of Time spent on one render) = One frame
(Time Spent on one render x Amount of frames (So 60 seconds is a second for 60fps)) = Amount of minutes to render the set number of frames (60 in this case).
Amount of time spend on one render \ 24(How many hours are in a day)
= Amount of days required to obtain amount of footage
= How long it would take to render 60 frames for one second of footage.
The 60/one second is a variable, which could be changed to either 1 minute (60 seconds), 2 minutes (120 seconds) or 3 minutes (180 seconds), and soon an so forth.
Also before hand one render should have been taken, so an average time should have been taken to put into this equation, henceforth (R = (m/h) = 1f).
![]() |
| Jet Pack Jones Head: 4K (4096p x 4096p) |
R = (m/h) = 1f
(m x fs) = m(x fs) or (h=(m))
m / 24 = d
= aoa
Examples:
4K= (60m/1h) = 1f
(60m x 60f) = 3,600m or (60h)
= 2.5d
= 1aoa (1s)
3K= (45m) = 1f,
(45m x 60f) = 2,700m or (45h)
= 1.8/1.9d
= 1aoa (1s)
2K= (30m) = 1f
(30m x 60f) = 1,800m or (30h)
= 1.25d
= 1aoa (1s)
1K= (15m) = 1f
(15m x 60f) = 900m or (15h)
= 0.6/0.7h(0.625h)
= 1aoa (1s)
I'm almost certain there would be ways this could be improved, altered, heck I've probably messed up some math along the way, or forgotten to include or account something, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.


Comments
Post a Comment