So Arnold (Like Mental Ray), has a number of unique properties, one of which is a render view that renders on the fly. So if you've finished modelling, UV'ing and are ready for texturing, then this tool allows you to look at what you've done texture-wise, real time.
I can see how this will be super helpful to anyone animating or rendering, as this allows you to more or less, preview your render before you've even finished texturing or rendering.
![]() |
| 'aiSkin' Texture |
![]() |
| Wireframe Shader |
Also, the fact this is also its own independent material can allow for some really interesting combos, for example you can change properties on the fly, so you can either change the wireframe to be, tri's, polygons or patches,the wireframes color, but also the fill as well.
This is as far as I've gotten with testing Arnold, but I'm hoping to test out BiFrost at some point,so I'll do my best to keep learning!




The real time render feature seems like it will be really useful!
ReplyDelete