Skip to main content

Adaptation Part B: Frontline Development 06/05/2017


So once again, cracking on a getting as much as I can. It took me a while to get the sunset highlands feel I was going for.

So I've also figured out how to use the scanners for drawings and such, without losing image quality or having to use loads of layers. So a lot of my drawing buildup work won't go to waste after all.




 I've finally also managed to create the storyboard layouts for the whole production. So I've got a lot of frames to do in a short amount of time, but what I want to achieve is doable.


Comments

  1. Hi Tom - I'm a little confused. Are you taking these paintings into Maya and using projection mapping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note: A 3d / Maya based outcome is required for this project even if its a hybrid with after effects - like we discussed? I haven't seen any evidence on your blog about that yet. Can you clarify?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for the delayed reply.

      I do plan on using these paintings and images as partial reference for Maya and Animation. I will be using After Effects for some of the effects and animation, but I do plan to make use of projection mapping to give the illusion of depth.

      Delete
  3. Tom - "Plan on using" You have three days? Projection mapping is a core part of the project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment