Thursday, 21 January 2016

OGR 1: 'From Script to Screen' Taking Notes 21/01/2016


I would like to explain why I decided to put in hyperlinks instead of all of my information for this OGR.

The links provided take you to areas of my blog where you can find the matching info to this OGR, I didn't want 30 pages of one version of my script compared to having a couple, also having to read for a good 30 minuets on OGR would not be nice, so that the reason for the hyperlinks.

I would have though the main reason is because of me being lazy, but no I want this OGR to be readable and not 40+ pages long. If that is then required to do, I will go out of my way and spend a good few days putting that together but I though this was an easier alternative.

There is also no concept are for this yet but once I get my tablet working again you can bet you will see more work from me. Once again, apologies for this.

2 comments:

  1. OGR 21/01/2016

    Hi Tom,

    Your story ideas haven't moved since I expressed my qualms in regards to your story; we still have a film set that isn't truly adding anything to the story (apart from an obstacle course), a mysterious - even magical! - piano, an as mysterious boy, and a stuntman who could almost be any kind of man, in so much as his occupation doesn't impact on his character or his behavior. Tom - I think you need to let this idea die and give some other options some creative oxygen.

    Here's an idea: I can imagine that a retired stuntman might be the kind of person who would struggle to go about his newly quiet and uneventful life. I can imagine how a retired stuntman might have to kick down his door, as opposed to open it. How he might have jump though a window rather than walk through the door. Perhaps he see's everything in his life as a 'stage set'? I can imagine too, if a retired stunt man were to take on other sorts of jobs to make ends meet, it might lead to some amusing scrapes - like the time he delivered that piano... by riding it down the hill...

    My point is, Tom, is the story comes from character, and I think your three components are being used in a way that is arguably surreal (a magic piano that controls a stuntmen on a filmset...) but actually, it just sounds a bit weak to me. I know you've committed time to writing it up and you might be loathed to let it go, but, Tom - give the whole thing another shove - and start with thinking how a stunt man thinks:

    some variables of the character to get you thinking:

    An apprentice stunt man
    A retired stunt man
    A reluctant stunt man
    2 rival stunt men
    An accidental stunt man

    oh, and in terms of pianos and stunt men...

    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PianoDrop

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Perhaps he see's everything in his life as a 'stage set'? I can imagine too, if a retired stunt man were to take on other sorts of jobs to make ends meet, it might lead to some amusing scrapes - like the time he delivered that piano... by riding it down the hill..." ......huh, looks like it time to say hello to adobe story again, thanks Phil!

    ReplyDelete