Skip to main content

Adaptation Part B: Project Overview 11/05/2017

Adaptation Part: B, has been somewhat of a mixed bag. On one hand, I think I had quite a good idea that was well thought out and had serious potential but executing the whole idea needed to have gone better. I'm going to split this into the good, bad and ugly to get an understanding of what could be done better for the future and then reflect on the feedback I was given.


The Good

In my opinion, I've come a long way artistically, being able to look at a piece of work I made in either Photoshop or After Effects and say "Hey, that looks pretty nice!" is a big leap for me. I've always felt I have been limited in my creative potential due to my lacking of artistic talent, but I can definitely say I have improved significantly over these past fifteen weeks, as well as take what I have learned and applied it to this project.


The Bad

There is a lot to be said on the negative side of this project, the main sin being not asking for help when I needed it. There was issues/problems and setback that definitely could have been avoided, however, I just assumed I would be able to push through and create something special, which brings me to this last segment.


The Ugly

The ugly truth of this project is that it collapsed under its own weight, I heavily struggled with time management, execution, and self-confidence. This project I think is an example of me overcomplicating things, or worrying about things that didn't need to be worried about. The whole idea of a deadline approaching terrified the life out of me, knowing what I had set out to do would not only, not reach fruition, but would ultimately become what I knew it would be from the beginning, an ambitious project to which I knew I would struggle to commit to.

I underestimated a load of factors in the project, certainly Maya this time around (Which is slightly odd, considering how much I already know about the program, I should have seen this coming a mile away.), so the real workload hit me straight in the face, very hard.

If I had to say one good thing to take away from this project it's this, I seriously underestimate my work ethic, a lot, but when I was given this task, I had no idea how important it would be to manage myself, because that was the ultimate reason I didn't do as well as I would have liked to have done. Time Management, Work Spacing, Self-Knowledge and Determination and Commitment are all things that need to be given a serious re-vamp because if I don't I'm going to be stuck in this odd circle where I do what isn't necessary first and worry about the important stuff later.


Thoughts on the Feedback Given

I think it wasn't too difficult to understand where this project went wrong, and that was through not managing myself more efficiently, and thinking I am a walking tank and can work constantly. I can work hard but I'm not invincible and that's probably my biggest lesson from all of this. I'm on the verge of creating something special, so now I just need to tap into that little spark and really do something amazing.


Summary

To summarize there is a definite change needed in order to maximize to working capabilities, I cannot let myself get as bogged down as I usually get and I can't allow myself to get distracted from the real problem at hand. I really want to do well, but in order to do that, I need to make some serious changes. This project should be a reminder of that thing don't always go to plan, and whilst I could blame this fault on A, B or C, it is still down to me to get the results I want.

Comments